Tuesday 30 September 2014

Raspberry and Elderflower Sorbet

We enjoyed it for pudding tonight - plenty left for tomorrow too!
It's been a busy few weeks which is why I haven't had anything new on the blog for a couple of weeks. This weekend, my son and I headed up to stay with our friends in Suffolk. They live in the country, with a huge vegetable patch and an abundance of raspberries. I love all the goodies we always come home with and this weekend it was a big container of freshly picked raspberries. Thank you, Anna, for the food and hospitality!
Hand picking the raspberries

What a stash!

I was thinking hard about what I could do with them that would do the lovely flavour justice.
Anyway, I turned to Donna Hay and searched her recipes and found so many choices. I decided on the sorbet as it was so simple and I knew it was something I could easily whip up. Have a look at her original here.

Raspberry and Elderflower Sorbet
 
Ingredients:
 
4 cups (500g) frozen raspberries  
½ cup (125ml) boiling water       
1¼ cups (310ml) elderflower cordial (see tip)  
 
Method:
     


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!