Tuesday 18 November 2014

Passionfruit Macarons


Basic macaron with passionfruit curd buttercream filling
I hosted a lovely lunch for some good friends last week, for my friend Jen's birthday. It was a good chance for me to do some baking, something I find very relaxing. I wanted to try and avoid chocolate for a change, so decided to go for a little tropical touch.

I whipped up a batch of passionfruit curd, and then made these basic macaron shells using plain icing sugar. I like this macaron recipe so much, it always seems to work for me. I filled them with some curd flavoured buttercream. I had to add LOADS of passionfruit curd to the buttercream to get the flavour and even then it was very subtle, but they were so delicate.

Ready for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!