Wednesday 5 August 2015

Passion for Baking Turns 1 today!

HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY TO Passion for Baking!

A year ago today I made the impulse decision to start my own baking page - I named it Baking For Passion because I thought it was fitting, and off I went! I didn't expect to take up so much of my time, but I have loved learning new skills, trying new recipes and having fun in the kitchen. I have loved sharing my bakes with friends and neighbours - someone has to eat it all, it can't just be us!

I want to say a heartfelt thank you to all my readers, followers, friends, family and fellow bloggers for your support and joining me in this baking journey - I am only a little way along the path so far....here's to many more miles!

Anyway, for the occasion, I have made a Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse Cake. You can find the recipe here.



This cake took me HOURS to make (not everything went to plan), but I have really loved making the layers and it is absolutely delicious. Each layer adds its' own flavour (& texture in some cases) but they all compliment each other beautifully.


The bottom layer is chocolate brownie; then chocolate mousse; raspberry mousse, with fresh raspberries inside; vanilla mousse - with a strong honey flavour; and, topped off with a chocolate ganache and fresh raspberries.


Best cut while chilled, but best served after is has been out of the fridge for about 20 mins.




Anyway, Happy 1st Birthday to Passion for Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!