Thursday 1 January 2015

Ginger Snap and Caramel Tartlets - NO BAKING NEEDED




Welcome to 2015 and my first post for the new year. Today I'll post how to make some of the little bite sized tartlets I took to my friend's NYE party last night.

These are so simple to make and take literally about 6 minutes. They are perfect for a last minute dish to take and really yummy as a party dessert. I was reminded of this recipe from my friend Chrissie in Australia, she whipped them up after lunch one day while we were visiting and it took me back to many years ago when I used to make them, well before I had my baking 'bug'.


Gingersnap and Caramel Tartlets

Ingredients:
1 x packet of gingersnap biscuits (ginger nut in Australia)
1 x tin of Condensed Milk Caramel
whipped double cream
chocolate shavings

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to about 150 deg C. Place the biscuits into a fairy cake tin - one per hole. (Muffin tins are too big for this, making the smaller cupcake/fairy cake tins ideal).
2. Put the tray into the oven for 4 mins. Be careful, These will burn very quickly if left - set a timer and stay close!
3. Remove from oven and quickly use the back of a dessert spoon to make an indent in the middle, pushing down and rounding if off to make it into a bowl shape. Put them all onto a cooling rack to cool and harden.
4. Once cooled, put a teaspoon of caramel mix into each tartlet, top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. I piped the cream as it looks a big nicer, but otherwise spoon it on. I also made the chocolate shavings using a vegetable peeler on the side of the block. Very easy.

Enjoy!
So simple.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!