Thursday 1 January 2015

Snowman Marshmallow

 
 
So the other thing I took to my NYE party was this snowman marshmallow for the kids to enjoy. I love making marshmallow and this is something I want to work more on this year and experiment with various flavours and styles etc. I've never made one like this before but I had bought the snowman mould from Sainsburys the other week in their after Christmas sale. It was pretty simple once I'd worked out how to add the details.
 
I used my basic marshmallow recipe which you can find here.
 
I prepared the mould first, greasing it up with spray oil - this is essential so the marshmallow can release at the end.
I then added the details. I used candy melts, and went with the colours I had. If you don't have colours you could ether colour white chocolate or just use normal chocolate to do it. Let the chocolate set before you do any of the marshmallow.
 
Once the marshmallow is made you must move quickly to get it into the mould before it sets. Smooth the top and then cover with greased baking paper and set in the fridge for an hour or two.
 
Once you remove it from the fridge, generously sprinkle with the icing sugar/cornflour mix and tip it onto a board. Sprinkle the top and sides with the power too. I used a (clean) paintbrush to them dust the sugar off the coloured bits.
 
I had some left over marshmallow, which I had anticipated, so I just put that into a greased and lined square tin, and I have cut that into squares and rolled in desiccated coconut. I absolutely love the marshmallow/coconut combination - one of my favourite flavours ever!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!