Tuesday 8 March 2016

Creme Egg Bundt Cake



I baked up a storm in the kitchen today, making goodies to sell at the Year 6 Bake Sale tomorrow. We do one annually to raise money for charity and as I organise it, it's only fair that I contribute. This year I was tossing up what to make, but in the end I went for an Easter theme. You can see the other Easter bakes here.

Last year I made this same cake, it's my 'go to' chocolate bundt cake; my absolute favourite! This year I made the icing white (yellow last year and I just couldn't get past the brown/yellow combo which I have always disliked!) and it is soooo much nicer. A simple icing sugar/water glaze, a few chopped Cadbury's Creme Eggs on top and away we go!


I won't write out the whole recipe again, but if you want it, you can find the cake recipe here.

I let it cool in the tin for about 20 mins before inverting onto a rack and allowing to cool. Once cool, I sliced the uneven top off to give a flat bottom.

I didn't measure the icing, I simple sifted an amount of icing sugar, added some water, slowly so it doesn't get too runny and then poured it over the top. I used 3 large creme eggs, cut in half, and dotted a few of the smaller ones in between. It was really so simple.


I love the filling oozing out......


This cake keeps fresh in an airtight container for at least a week (if it lasts that long!)

Notes:
  • I always use a cake release spray when using bundt tins, and the cakes come out perfectly, ever single time.
  • When cutting the creme eggs, don't worry if they are uneven, broken and oozing filling, it all adds to the charm.


Happy Easter!






4 comments:

  1. This cake has my name ALL over it. Wow! You had me at Creme Egg! Looks amazing Kris :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol it's a winner all round! Thank you.

      Delete
  2. gabriella stiles18 March 2016 at 10:50

    It is very delicious! I often find chocolate cakes too dry, but yours is a great recipe. I made a chocolate caramel ombre cake yesterday and the chocolate layer came out really moist and squishy - it had ground almonds and natural yoghurt in it which must have been the reason! Must give you the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gabi - I really love this as it's always so fresh even days later. Glad you got to have some this week!! We really must get a baking club going!

    ReplyDelete

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!