Tuesday 31 March 2015

BUNNY BARK


I've dabbled with bark before, not very successfully, but it never matters when things go wrong, as long as you can think through how to improve. This is a lesson in life that I emphasise with my students....reviewing your work and seeing how to improve is so valuable.

So this Easter, I saw this cute Bunny Bark made by Kerry Cooks. I knew I had all of the ingredients already in the house, so I had a go. It was as simple as melting the chocolate and sprinkling on the extras - the Cadbury Hoppy Bunny Chocolate bars out at this time of year, the Smarties Mini eggs, and bunny/carrot sprinkles that I bought last week. I didn't add Cadbury Mini Eggs as well, as even I am overloaded with chocolate already, and Easter weekend hasn't even arrived!



In the future I think I would definitely make the effort to temper the chocolate to get that extra crunch when breaking it up, but I didn't this time.


I'm not going to add a specific recipe here as it really is common sense. But so you know, I used 300g Sainsbury's Taste the Difference White Chocolate - a mix of Swiss and Belgium - inadvertentl. Any good quality chocolate will do. If you want it thinner, use less. I poured it into a square tray lined with aluminium foil and then placed the chocolate squares on first, then the mini eggs and then sprinkled the rest. In hindsight, I would leave the chocolate to set a little before adding any of it, as the tiny bunny and carrot sprinkles sunk in a little bit. 

Regardless, it still tastes delicious! The broken pieces packaged into clear cellophane bags makes a lovey Easter gift.


Happy Bunny Barking!

Kris x

UPDATE: Kerry has put this on her blog now - view it here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!