Tuesday 31 March 2015

Foodie PenPals

This is my first time joining in the Foodie PenPal monthly swap and so I was really excited to be involved.  It basically works so that you get paired up with two people - one to send you a parcel and a different person that you send to. You contact your person to find out what they like, then shop for their goodies, looking for the unusual or thoughtful items they might like. There is a £10 limited plus postage.
This month I said I would like to try cooking without refined sugar if possible. This goes against my actual blog but I wanted the challenge.

Emma, my partner put so much thought into the things she bought me. See the photo below.
Emma sent me:
  • cranberries (I used those to make some hot cross buns),
  • walnuts,
  • poppy seeds (for texture),
  • dates for natural sweetness (I used those to make a refined sugar free, avacado chocolate mousse type dessert); and,
  • agave syrup (an alternate to sugar).


I haven't used everything yet, but I will do. Thank you so much to Emma from Something New Each Week. Go and check out her blog too.

On the other end, I had to send a parcel to Teresa from Rocksprings Crafts - and she preferred cheese and cheese flavoured things. I hope I managed to meet the brief!

If you would like to be involved, you can opt in and out each month, which is fabulous as some months are just so busy I wouldn't be able to manage it. Carol Ann at Rock Salt organises it each month. Check out her page if you are interested in participating.

Kris x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!