Monday 4 August 2014

Blackberry Season!

It is blackberry season here in the UK and tonight we went out to pick some in the field behind our street. I was tossing up what to make with them all, but have settled on a compote for tonight. I've teamed it up with some dairy free and egg free chocolate mousse. They are setting in the fridge as I write. Tomorrow I'm going to have a go at making a blackberry crumble cake. I'll let you know once I've done and you can see it all for yourself.

 

Blackberry Compote

300 g blackberries - frozen or fresh
55g sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla essence or vanilla bean paste

  1. Mix all together in a small saucepan, over a low to moderate heat until the sugar has dissolved and the mix has thickened slightly.
  2. Strain to remove the seeds if you wish.
  3. Allow to cool.
Enjoy. K x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!