Tuesday 5 August 2014

Campfire Cones

I came across this fab idea for a camping cookout treat this afternoon. Since we are off camping tomorrow I thought I should test it out, and if successful, take some with us.
They were so simple to make - I followed the idea found on this site - and they worked a treat.


I filled the waffle cones with chocolate chips and mini marshmallows, then wrapped in tin foil and I 'cooked' them on the BBQ. Once melted the cones were also quite soft, but they hardened very quickly once I unwrapped the foil and they cooled down.

These were delicious, the tester agreed as you can see below - but can be a bit sickly, so next time I might add some banana or strawberry to the cone for a little bit of something different.

Overall, a success! I'll be pre-making them and taking them camping for the kids - all 15 of them!!



2 comments:

  1. Look great Kris :) welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kate - just getting my head around it all!

    ReplyDelete

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!