Saturday 18 July 2015

Triple Layer Chocolate Cake


I was looking for a good chocolate cupcake recipe recently, and asked out on my facebook page if anyone could recommend one. I had quite a few choices but decided to go with one from my sister-in-law, Bec. It's one she uses all the time. I read through the recipe and decided to go for a whole cake rather than cupcakes - this recipe has a tag line saying it's 'the best chocolate cake recipe ever'. Okay. We shall see.


It was super easy to make, using normal ingredients you'll find in your cupboard and it's even DAIRY FREE!



I made some slight changes to it:

  • I used coconut milk from the carton (not can) instead of cow's milk - this was to cater to my allergic son (there is no coconut taste at all in the cake)
  • I left out the coffee - I'm one of those odd people who doesn't like coffee.
  • I put raspberry jam between the layers as I don't like too much buttercream.
  • And I cheated and used a tub of Betty Crocker's Chocolate Fudge buttercream, as it is dairy-free, really tasty and much nicer than making buttercream with dairy free 'butter'.
  • So, if dairy is not a problem for you, then follow the recipe as it is (It will probably be even nicer!)
  • I used 3 x 8 inch (20cm) pans, rather than the 2 x 9 inch in the recipe.
Is it the best chocolate cake ever, I'm not sure, but it is really, really nice. The texture is moist and soft, and it feels really luxurious.


You want the recipe, don't you?

Okay well, it's not mine, so I will send you directly over to the site. You'll also find at the bottom of the page a link to her cupcake recipe, but it looks to me like it is pretty much half of this recipe.

From: Add a Pinch:   Best Chocolate Cake (ever)



Enjoy! Kris x




1 comment:

I always read your comments, so please feel free to leave one!